Home and Workplace Blessings
Blessing homes and workplaces are rooted in deep and ancient traditions in various faith communities. For example, there are many beautiful prayers of blessing in both the Catholic and Orthodox traditions, but you can also find them in Celtic and earth traditions that don’t necessarily have any traditional religious connotations attached.
Today, many people want to have their homes and places of work blessed as an active sign and symbol of their hope that the place will be one of happiness, peace, health, and prosperity. Sometimes blessings are wanted to clear a place of the residual effect of a negative event or occurrence. Most often, home and workplace blessings are a positive and active way to help create and establish a deep sense of place. It is an opportunity to define one’s rootedness and commitment to a particular environment.
These blessing ceremonies are a fun way to allow your positive energy and love to flow to family, friends, and the community. I love creating these blessing ceremonies and helping individuals conduct them in a meaningful and intimate way. Almost always blessing ceremonies are included when I am helping people to create a sacred spaces.
Depending on the date, time and location, fees range from $50 - $200*.
(*) Additional Fees
• Travel charges depend on distance traveled your event location. Other than tolls, there are no travel fees for ceremonies or rehearsals within NYC. Ceremonies or rehearsals beyond that area will incur an additional fee including trip, plus tolls, mileage, etc. These costs are usually minimal and will be provided to you well in advance of the ceremony and must be paid before the ceremony.
• Depending upon the driving time, date of rehearsal or date of the ceremony, overnight accommodations may also be required and must be paid in advance by the couple or their representatives.
Tolls and Parking:
• All anticipated tolls and parking fees encountered will be added as travel fees.
• Generally, there no travel fee is associated with an in-person consultation if it is in the City of New York. Requests for longer travel will incur a fee to be agreed upon and paid before the in-person meeting.
Ceremonial Specific Fees:
• The cost of and obtaining items specific to the ceremony such as candles, wine, audio equipment, music equipment and speakers etc. will be the responsibility of the couple.
Holidays and Weekends:
• A holiday premium of $150.00 will apply to ceremonies performed on all US holidays/holiday weekends including but not limited to Martin Luther King Day, Valentine’s Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day Weekend, July 3rd, 4th and 5th, Labor Day Weekend. Generally, I will not perform ceremonies on Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day (of course, in some cases exceptions can be made).
• In rare instances, other fees are required. All fees, however, including anything out of the ordinary, are disclosed well in advance so that there are no budgeting surprises.